Monday, March 25, 2013

Mind, Body, and Spirit – Week 5, I think


Mind, Body, and Spirit – Week 5, I think

                I've done pretty well with the no soda stint. I've had a few here and there, but honestly it’s gotten to the point where they taste disgusting, and each time I pick one up, I wonder why I bothered to pop the tab. Now we’re on to the biggie (or rather, one of the biggies), quitting smoking. I've gone back and forth with the idea of getting back on Chantix (sp?), but at this point, I don’t think I’ll need it. I really haven’t been feeling well lately, and smoking seems to be making the symptoms worse.

                I’m going to limit myself to ten a day to begin with. I know that sounds like a huge amount for someone who is trying to quit, but I've been smoking well over a pack a day. I’m allowing myself 4 before and after work, and one to and from. If I feel the need for more, I’ll pick up the e-cig. My biggest concern is that my boyfriend will not be quitting with me. Having him smoking in front of me is going to be a very big challenge!

                My other concern is the weight gain issue. In the past, each time I've “quit”, I've always picked up about twenty pounds, and I’m already at my high-end weight at this point. I’d really rather not push myself over into the 200 zone. While I’m not ready to move toward a change in my eating habits, I will be keeping an eye on things so that I can at least attempt to keep it under control. We’ll see how the ten a day goes this week, and then look at dropping it by two next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment